Who We Are

Saturday, April 14, 2018

That's Mulch Better

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie.  The other day, Mom and Dad had a big truck come and dump mulch in our driveway.  They do this more or less every year, but didn't last year.  You know ... Mom's Spring Break and all.  Ahem.  Anyway, they worked real hard spreading it all over the mulched areas of our gardens, but didn't have quite enough for the Wildflower Garden out back.  Dad bought a whole bunch of bags the next day, then he and Mom got that last garden area covered.  I thought I should go check it out!

IMG_0115MagsFriendshipGarden
"Yeah, wait a sec, Mom.  Let me see if the neighbors are out ..."

We all have our priorities.  Anyway ... here I am on the retaining wall by the Wildflower Garden:

IMG_0116MagsWildflowerGarden
"I don't think they're over there ..."

Can't blame a girl for checking, right?  Their little boy always says "hi" to me; he's very nice!

Anyway, I humored Mom eventually and checked out the garden:

IMG_0131MagsWildflowerGarden
"Yeah, Mom!  Nice!  Looks like there's a good crop of blue flags coming in!"

Our growing season is way behind this year, due to the goofy weather.  Some of the sedum is up and running, but that's about it.  Those blue flags apparently are where other stuff SHOULD come up, but might not.  Mom didn't want to smoosh things when she was mulching.

We'll start showing you more of the gardens tomorrow!  For now, I just want to sit and take it all in for a minute.

IMG_0123MagsGardenWall
"I'd say I feel serene, but that's a post for tomorrow!"

Mom really likes that picture of me.  She said I am carrying myself a lot like Cammie there.  She is my aunt, you know!  Do you think we look alike?

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

3 comments:

  1. Maggie ....thank goodness mom isn't going to have a spring break this year.
    Cammie is your Aunty? OMCs I don't think I knew that. You surely share lots of the same lovely DNAs
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got mulched too, but not nearly as much as you! And your girls look so pretty in the garden, they are the BEST posers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo lots of hard work going on by your humans there. Good job on checking it out. And yes you do look alike you girls, can't say that of me BOL
    Wooos
    Rita

    ReplyDelete