Who We Are

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Shhh! Be Verrrrry Quiet!

Greetings to all!  It's me, Maggie!  So ... now that you've seen some pix and a vid of Cam and me in the backyard enjoying the snow, let me tell you what it was like when I first got out there.

After the snow fell, Mom decided to take us out there one at a time.  I got to go first, because   I would have been singing the song of my people at the top of my lungs otherwise   I'm special.  Ahem.  Anyway, I thought it would be cool -- first one in the fresh snow!  Only this is what I found when I got out there:

IMG_9068MagsTracks
"Hey!  What the-- some bunny's been all OVER our yard?!?"

I had a pretty good idea who it was.  Remember we've told you there's a bunny the size of a small horse that lives in our yard?  I just KNEW that was who it was!

IMG_9067MagsTracks
"We must be verrrrry quiet!  Tip-toes, everyone!"

I followed his tracks up and around to our Friendship Garden:

IMG_9070MagsHunting
"Hey!  Bunny rabbit!  Are you in there?!?"

The Friendship Garden looks a bit different in Winter, doesn't it?  Anyway, he wasn't there.

I went over to the retaining wall and scanned for him:

IMG_9071MagsSnow
You're familiar with cat scans -- this is a Siberian scan!

The good news - stick with me here - is that I didn't see him anywhere and neither did Mom.  Why is that good news?  Because Mom took me off the 6' leash and let me just trail the 30' one.  THEN ... while I was playing Siberian Rules Fetch, he ran RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!  For whatever reason, Mom did not get photos of it, but he did -- and let me tell you, those bunnies can FLY!  He ran in front of me and dove right off the bottom retaining wall, then ran under the fence faster than I could zip down there.  It was so awesome!

For some reason, we're back on leashes in the fenced-in yard again.  Life is so unfair sometimes!

Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

17 comments:

  1. Maggie HOW dare that bunnie traipse about in your fresh snow in your yard. Totally rude!! I think you should sing the song of your people to the top of your lungs
    Just sayin'
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one very brave (or dumb) bunny:) We just knew that Cammie was searching for a rabbit yesterday. We haven't seen any for a while but we do find some of their droppings. So somehow they are sneaking into our kingdom while we are inside.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man - you get shorter leashes cause some bunny keeps tracking through your yard?? not fair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bunnies are Sooooo fast. They get away every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They taunt too. They will wait and wait and boom they are gone with the wind. We have a couple here that love our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You would have had a blast catching that bunny, Maggie! Bummer it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's not fair the bunny can jump off your retaining walls too ;/ when bunnies would surprise Wriggley like that he would be so stunned he couldn't get his chase on (though there were a couple of times where he did and even pulled our mom off her feet when he hit the end of his long line :D )
    we like the pics of you with the fresh tracks in the snow.

    pip, minnie, hollie, sharpie, ditto, TL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haroo!!! Happy Thursday to you all. So you have snow? Can you keep it there for yourselves please. Ours is melting, but we are supposed to snow this weekend. Ugh.
    Thank you for sharing your experience with refrigerators. We are looking at KitchenAid's first, if we can get a good deal and then LG. Keeping our fingers crossed.
    Enjoy your afternoon.
    Hugs and wags,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  9. That IS unfair! It's YOUR yard, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bunnies are so elusive. We hope you catch him some day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD! that sounds like it was exciting. Those bunnies are fast
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD how fantastic, what a wonderful experience you had with the flying bunny. We don't get rabbits here, so it's always fun to hear about yours.

    Woos
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. What tease that Bunny Big Foot is!!!! Better luck next time Mags
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just nearly chased a pussy cat, 'cos we don't have any bunnies, but I guess it's nearly the same !

    Inca xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD, the bunny had the nerve to interfere in YOUR fresh snow?! The NERVE!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was one cheeky bunny wabbit Mags...but I bet it was worth the whole "back on leash" thing!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Arty & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  17. That darn rabbit! Sorry that you lost your leash privileges, hopefully not for long!

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete