Who We Are

Friday, May 30, 2014

Photo Finish Friday: The Week In Walks

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cammie.  For Photo Finish Friday, I thought I'd share some random pictures of us out on some of the walks we took this week.  Ready to get going?  Come with us!

This is me and Maggie going up a hill in the neighborhood:

IMG_6738CamMagHil

Nothing that exciting happened until we got just a tad further along - and then -- ALERT!!!

Cam And Maggie - BIRDIE alert!
"BIRDIE!"
"BIRDIE!"

I don't think you can see her, but in the rocks by that lamp post? There was a Killdeer putting on an award-winning performance. She said, "I'm helpless and I'm dying! Pay no attention to my two little peeps across the street. Take me! I'm helpless!" It was VERY well done! This is what Killdeers do to protect their babies (who were adorable, according to my "why-did-I-leave-the-camera-at-home-Mom) and I must say, as someone who has been a mom myself, I find it rather admirable! Good job, Mrs. Killdeer! I made sure Maggie and Mom left the babies alone. And we left Mrs. Killdeer alone, too.

Here I am, on another walk:

IMG_6743CamWait
"Have a nice rest of your walk!"

See those people down there? They had a very handsome Australian Shepherd with them. We all got to the intersection at the same time, so after an exchange of pleasantries, we hung back and let them get ahead of us. They were really nice - and the Aussie was very well-mannered. And handsome.  They complimented Maggie and me on our manners, which pleased Mom greatly.

Here is a shot of me and Maggie arriving back home on Memorial Day:

IMG_6753CamMagHome

In this picture, we're walking out in the street:

IMG_6761CamMagRoad

Sometimes we do that if someone else is coming toward us on the sidewalk or if the grass is really long in a yard. All part of Mom's "let's avoid ticks, fleas, and snakes" campaign. Whatever!

On one of the routes we take, some people put a nice retaining wall around their garden. They did a really nice job. Here I am, taking a quick break:

IMG_6766CamBreak
"Nice and shady, too!"

One morning this week, we all four went on a nice, long walk to and through CiCo Park. Here us Sibes are with Dad:

IMG_6792MikeMagCam
Dad, Maggie, and me!

We've been down the Hudson Trail a few times this week - here's Maggie on the first leg of the trail:

IMG_6803MagTrail

And finally, here are Maggie and me arriving back at Ao4 Headquarters after a fun walk with Mom:

IMG_6815MagCamGarage
"Come on in!  Drinks are on me!"

Thanks for coming with us! Tomorrow we'll show you what we do after our walks!

Cammie!

10 comments:

  1. Those were some pawesome walks girls, looks like efurryone is having a grand time!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice when you get to walk in an older neighborhood with all the big trees - gives a lot more shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing your walks. we have NO doubt you get complements on being well behaved and beautiful. btw....we love that memorial day picture - and suspect that Maggie may end up bigger than Cam (just sayin')

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great neighborhood for taking walks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks fur takin us along on sum great walks!
    We gots those killdeers round my place. Mommy efun once found the nest, out in the rocks. The eggs looked jus like the rocks too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go on some great walks but we did not think about ticks and snakes. Yikes we have nothing like that to worry about here just your average vermin and the local felons opps I mean felines. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. FURst we want to say... WE know somethingy...that YOU don't Know. Just sayin.


    NOW about that Aussie you met.. We love ALL Aussies... both Two and Four leggers.. They are always so NICE and INTERESTING and FURENDLY.
    OMD the Killdeer... we feel Sorry fur ANYBUDDY who has never seen a mom or dad Killdeer Doing their Thingy... and OH those DARLING babies with the little round heads.. Sooooo cute.
    Did we mention that we know something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You girls have the prettiest neighborhood for walkies!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely walks girls! The only thing that could make those walks better is snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must say, you grrls go on some grreat walks!

    ReplyDelete