Who We Are

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Meltdown!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  As you may recall, the last time I showed you the Kansas Ocean, it was completely frozen over. That's made things pretty tough for my birdie friends. I'm delighted to report the ice is starting to melt!

Mom and I hit the ocean the other day. I was so happy to see a couple of my goose friends there!  I sent this one guy a silent "ha roo" of welcome.  Check him out:

IMG_4480CanadaGoose
"Food!  Must... find... food!"

IMG_4484CanadaGoose
"Sorry.  Don't mean to be rude.  Honk, Zim!"

I didn't blame him one bit for continuing to forage around for food.  It's been a tough, tough Winter!  He seemed appreciative of my understanding - or at least of my non-threatening demeanor - and got back to work.

IMG_4489CanadaGoose
"Wait!  Wait!  Got something!"

IMG_4487CanadaGoose
"Oh.... yummmmmm..."

I don't know what he got, but it looked slimy and green.  As they say on that food channel thingie, "Good Eats"!

We drove by just a couple days later, and the ice had thawed even more! And that meant even more of my goose friends were there! Look!

IMG_4499Zim
"Look, Mom!  Gooses! Let's get out and say 'ha roo'!"

Unfortunately, we did not get out of the car. Something about "melting meaning mud" or some other such nonsense. Whatever. I just hope the gooses had a good feast at the ocean!

Play bows,
Zim

13 comments:

  1. Happy Thursday to you! I'm happy to see your ocean has lost its ice too!
    We are supposed to get up to 65 today but had a wave cloud roll over and it is still freezing out there. I doubt we'll even hit 50; I'm ready for more walks too.
    Have a great day!
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YEA... we LOVE the Melted MUD Season BESTEST of ALL...

    MOM...not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Zim you got mud???? We know all about that. Hope it all dries out soon and you can get out for walk next time. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty pictures of your bird friends...yes, spring is on the way, time change this weekend means longer evening walks! But our snow is all melting too...so sad.

    Kiki and Nala

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like seeing your birdie friends Zimmie! What's up with moms not letting dogs near mud? Maybe they just want it all to themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mud is very good for your furs you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poor goose must have been very hungry, Zim. We're so glad that he found something yummy to eat!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We aren't anywhere near that Kansas Ocean, but we do have MUD. Lightning loves, Mom despises.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zimmie,
    Got a question for you....are you positive that's a goose at the Kansas Ocean? My mom says those are called Nenes and they live in Hawaii in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Just how far did you guys drive? Can't believe you made it back for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a difference a few days makes!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bet those birdies are thrilled they could fish again
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad all those gooses are getting their buffet time. Don't worry, I'm sure your momma just meant that she was waiting for the melting water to cause the very BEST mud before you wasted your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad things are warming up for your goose friends Zim...and sorry your Mama didn't let you play in the mud!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete