Who We Are

Friday, August 02, 2013

Photo Finish Friday!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats.  It's me, Zim.  I've got some miscellaneous pix for you for PFF that Mom shot on our walk yesterday.  (It was raining when we walked this morning, so she didn't take the camera.  Go figure.)  Anyway ... let's get walking!

We went up and over Little Kitten Creek.  Mom saw a Great Blue Heron flying above the creek, but wasn't quick enough on the draw to get a shot of him.  She got a better photo instead, once we got to the top of the hill and turned the corner:

IMG_6301Cam
Cam!

Yep!  The Cam-a-roo! What could be better?  Well... yeah, OK.  A shot of each of us, maybe?  Here you go:

IMG_6302Zim
Me!

Dad and I let the girls go first on the walk.  It seemed the gentlemanly thing to do.

Here's another shot of Cam:

IMG_6303Cam
"Hey, Zimmie?  Do you know what this thing is?"

She stumbled onto the Manhattan Trolley!  Remember that?  I filled her in on the whole deal.

IMG_6304Zim
"Yeah, Cam!  I was going to rent the trolley for the whole Summer last year
to give tours of the Kansas Ocean - but the tourist trade was at a virtual stand-still.
I think it was the drought and record-breaking heat wave."

I still can't believe that didn't pan out.  It would have been so cool!  

IMG_6309ZimCam
"I don't know why everyone wasn't lining up to go, Zim!"
"Can't you just see me driving this baby, Cam?!?"

What can I say?  It's a tough time for the economy.  People just aren't flocking to the Kansas Ocean like you'd think they would!

Speaking of which, that's where we were headed! We saw our deer friends on the way - then stopped by the KSO!

IMG_6396CamZim
"Ahh!  Smell that salt air!"
"And feel that cool ocean breeze!"

It's great being able to share my morning adventures with Cammie - and with all of you!  She enjoys them every bit as much as I do!

Remember the path she showed you a while ago?  She mentioned we take it sometimes in the mornings.  We did just that yesterday!  Here goes Cam:

IMG_6400Cam
"And to think... I thought there weren't hills in Kansas!"

It's nice and wide, so we can keep Mom and Dad out of the tall grass where the ticks and fleas like to hang out.

Anyway, that winds around up the hill, around to the water tower.  There are all kinds of cool smells and views and stuff up there.  Here's one last shot of me, almost at the top:

IMG_6401Zim

What a great walk - can you tell by the smile on my face?!?   Thanks for coming with us!

Play bows,
Zim

8 comments:

  1. The KSO pic really shows off the new fashion accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think you should try the Trolly thing again. It's just so much nicer this year, I bet you'd have better luck.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a nice big walking path....i would try the trolly again, people are traveling more now.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever try the trolley thing I have a few extra bones that I would love to invest in the adventure. Thanks for taking me along on your fabulous walk. I was wondering, when you do your walks what is the mileage you put in?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure with Cam's help, you two can pull off the trolley tours now Zim! We enjoyed going on your tour of the area and we're sure others would too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Hey Zim, they tell me my nana used to drive one of those tour trolleys here in Plymouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great sites. I love your walks and it would have been so cool if you could drive that thing. I would have come for sure.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trolley would have been such a cool ride! We always love tagging along with you on your adventures, Zim and Camo!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete