Who We Are

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Deer!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me, Zim.  Guess what Cam and I saw on our early morning walk th--oh.  The title of my post gave it away, didn't it?  OK.  Well, let me tell you how it went ...

Our walk started out like most of our early morning walks ...

IMG_5268CamZim
Cam and me - heading out!

... only we were walking Mom this morning, not Dad. We're under a severe heat warning, so we made sure to get Mom out early and for a nice, long walk!

At about the half-way point, someone's lawn sprinklers were on. They were getting the sidewalk all wet and Mom let us walk right through them. As Siberians, we are normally averse to water but hey, it was sprinklers! Sprinklers are fun! Besides, Mom got wet, too. (Someone might have dilly-dallied a bit to make sure Mom was still in the line of fire when the sprinkler veered back toward the sidewalk ...) Anyway, those people live where the sidewalk ends and next to a vacant lot.

IMG_5273ZimCam
"Look, Zimmie!  Mud!"

Yep.  Wonderful, cooling, messy mud!  But did Mom let us walk through it?  Ha.  I think we all know the answer to that one.  What a kill-joy!

But anyway, we headed up the big hill on the new road (the one Cam showed you here) and that's when I saw the deer!!!

IMG_5276Zim
"Cam-a-roo!  Mom!  Look - a deer!!!"

Cammie was at my side in a flash!

IMG_5277CamZim
"Oh, Zimmie!"
"Ha roo roo roo!  That one never gets old!"

Yeah, OK, so it was a Deere, not a deer - but it was STILL exciting!

IMG_5278CamZim
"What do we do with this thing, Zim?"
"Why don't you get in the bucket and I'll fire it up!?!"

I assured Cammie I have tons of experience with these things.  

IMG_5279CamZim
"OK, Zim - if you're sure!"
"No problem.  Let me do a little safety inspection first."

It was safe enough, but alas, I couldn't find the keys.  Mom said it was time to head on back to the house and get some water anyway.  It sure was a fun thing to see this morning!

I hope all of you have a great day -- stay cool, friends! 

Play bows,
Zim

16 comments:

  1. sprinklers, deers and mud!! what fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a joker, Zim!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deer ....lol we were looking real hard ....then we saw ...ha! Stay cool guys and have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one nutty looking deeere
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD you saw JOHN... John the Deeres.. OUR John the Deeres guy is GREEN and yellow... and he eats GRASS.. Maybe that is why he is mostly GREEN.

    Oh what a super find you found. Fun stuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer there weren't any keys and double bummer that your mom didn't let you play in the mud! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you'll find the keys tomorrow! I can't believe your momma wouldn't let you walk through the mud either. She is just NO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:24 PM

    You guys! I thought you saw a live deer. I see their track when walking with mommy or nana. We have those big machines at the back of our cranberry bog. I like to sniff at them. They feed the sand dragons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:04 PM

    hmmm...I should have known Zim...you are a character! Wonder if Miss Camo has ever had her little feetie feets in mud???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know if we reach 99 degrees today, you'll be hotter than that! Hope you are inside staying cool.
    Wags, Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  12. hee hee! You got us, Zim! we were expecting the "dinner" sort of deer :) Too bad the keys weren't there tho...you and Camo could've really torn up the neighborhood...literally...

    We're in for at least 5 days of temps over 100 squillion degrees. time to camp out under the cool air blowy vents!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Zim you are such a tease.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sure why the mom would not let you cool down with the mud. It's 101 here today and I think I would have insisted on it. You sure do grow strange and big deer in your neck of the woods. hehehe If ya find the keys come pick me up in that cool bucket. Think of the holes we could dig. woo wooo
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had us fooled for a minute there, Zim! We thought it was the OTHER kind of deer!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is one big Deere! I, too, am subjected to sprinklers on walkies. Not always pleasant.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete