Who We Are

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Serene Scenery Sunday

Hello, everyone!  It's me, Cam!  Did you enjoy my Dave's post yesterday from the front yard?  Today my post is about some things going on out in the back yard!  Ready to take a look?

Up near the house, our rose bush is blooming!  Let's start there!

IMG_3631Rose
"Rooooooooose bud."

IMG_3665Rose

The last of our lilacs bushes to bloom is in full swing now - the Miss Kim Lilacs!

IMG_3659CamMissKimLilacs

They're right behind me; can you see them OK?  They smell wonderful!

Another wonderful smelling thing in the backyard right now is our Yorktown Snowflower Tree!

IMG_3633YorktownSnowflower

Here's a close-up:

IMG_3650YorktownSnowflower

Sadly, like the Snowball Viburnum that my Davy showed you, there's no real snow involved.  I did check it out, just to make sure!

IMG_3662Cam
"No real snow.  What a cruel hoax."

It IS real pretty, though.

To my left up there is a Butterfly Weed and a bunch of Daisies.  They aren't ready to do much yet.

Further up the hill, we have a small cluster of Day Lilies:

IMG_3668Cam

They aren't doing anything other than getting leafy and full right now.  They're on the border of our yard and Fluffy Black Cat's yard, so I thought I'd check and make sure she wasn't trying to sneak in or anything.

Back over to the tiered area...

IMG_3664Cam

I can't remember what I was doing in that photo, but you can see our gorgeous blue sky!   Just in front of me, cut off of the shot, is one of our many different Sedum plants!  That's one of the Purple Emperor Sedums - let's look at the ones on the next tier up!

IMG_3674Cam
"Here they are!"

We have three different "SunSparkler" varieties!  Here are three Lime Zingers:

IMG_3639SunSparklerLimeZingerSedum
SunSparkler Lime Zinger Sedum

My favorite, the D'Azul-berry ones:

IMG_3641SunSparklerDazzleberrySedum
SunSparkler Dazzleberry Sedum

OK, D'Azul-bery isn't their real name.  But it should be!  And lastly, the Cherry Tart:

IMG_3642SunSparklerCherryTartSedum
SunSparkler Cherry Tart Sedum

From up on that top tier, you have a real good view of everything - our retaining walls are about 4-5 feet high in places.  I could see the top of the Snowflower Tree!

IMG_3678Cam

If you look closely at the photo above, you can see our Blue Dune Grasses and ... that I'm off-lead!  That's because I'm a quick study and have learned not to try to jump off the walls!  Aren't I a good gi---

IMG_3679Cam
"Oooh, what's that down there?!?!"

More or less.  Zimmie said once the leash is off, I can do anything I want to - to include ignoring Mom when she calls me.  Zimmie's really fun!

I hope you enjoyed walking around our back gardens with me!  Do you feel serene now?

Camo!

11 comments:

  1. Oh how mom loves that sunflower tree. We never heard of that one. Thank you for the tours
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camo, You sure have a beautiful garden! I wonder why you were on a lead though in the first two photos.
    Hope you have a fabulous day!
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a serene Sunday all and yes Camo we are serene and in the zen zone.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a beautiful garden/ yard I just love it and I bet it smells as good as it looks.....wanna come help me with my garden??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep i feel serene, no doubt. And oh Cam-a-Roo that second to last shot of you way up high is just BEAUTIFUL. I just might have to frame that one.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a beautiful garden and we agree with Goose that the second to last shot of you is a real keeper.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've never seen a snowflower tree before, Camo! It's beautiful and you are best tour guide! Thank you!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cami, you are too adorable for words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a nice variety of plants, Camo! we like all of the sedums, and the D'Azul berries are a favorite for us too :) Thanks for showing us around!

    PIp, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm... You might still want to listen to Mom.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel so serene now, Camo. Ommmmm.... Thanks for a grreat tour!

    ReplyDelete