Who We Are

Friday, January 11, 2013

Vet Trips

Ha roo, pups and cool cats, it's me - Zim!  Both Dave and I visited the Veterinary Health Center at KSU this week, and we thought we'd show you a few pix from our trips.  Ready to take a look?

Here's Dave in the exam room.

IMG_3116e Dave
"Mom?  Thanks for wearing black and white so we'd match!"

First the student does an exam, then he or she briefs the vet, then the vet comes in and does another exam and then they do more stuff together.  There is usually a lot of ear or tummy rubbing involved.  Dave said his appointment centered around tummy rubs.

Here he is, trying to relax in between exams.  As you can see, he gets really worked up.

IMG_3115e Dave
"ZZZZZzzzz..."

Everything was fine - as we've mentioned before, when you reach a certain age, your vet likes to see you a lot.

Remember how ripped up the front of the building was last time I showed you?  Dave checked it all out after his appointment:

IMG_3118e Dave
"Looks like they've made a lot of progress!  Zimmie needs to see this!"

He had to fast before his blood test, so he was anxious to get home and have a late breakfast.  I told him I'd see what I could do to further investigate!

Sure enough, the next day, Mom called in for a prescription refill and needed to go pick it up.  Since it was for me (just my zinc supplement), I offered to tag along!  OK... I insisted, but at any rate, I got to go!

IMG_3126e Zim
"Wowzers!  Dave was right!  They've done a lot of work out here!"

It's going to look so cool when it's done!

We walked around a bit, picked up my meds, then did a little more exploring.  I saw something that totally interested me!

IMG_3129e Zim
"Dave didn't tell me about the big pile of mud!  How cool is that!?!"

Apparently the pile of mud will not be a permanent feature in front of Mosier Hall.  That's really too bad.  I mean, what pup (and perhaps kit-cat) wouldn't love to do some digging around in that to relieve stress before an appointment?  I'm not sure they thought that through.  Maybe I can call someone about it.

Oh.  Did I mention my mom had some Stinky Goodness Treats in her pocket?  She held one up and I gave her my million dollar smile:

IMG_3130e Zim
"Ha roo!"

It was a fresh batch.  I decided to give her what she was after before we got on to the next stage of our afternoon adventure!

IMG_3127e Zim
"Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Sit, look at the camera, smile.  Got it, Mom."

Sadly, the rest of our adventure did not involve that pile of mud ... but we did have fun!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Play bows,
Zim

18 comments:

  1. Yep that is one cute smile there Zim. Wow I'd love a dig in all that dirt. Have a FAB Friday guys. Make it a good one.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zim you do have a wonderful smile. And hey Dave does your MOM sit on the vet's floor with you? It looks like it. My MOM does the same thing. You sure ours mom's are not long lost sisters. I mean I really think we are brothers, so... Guess what guys? It's SNOWING. It started Thursday afternoon and they say it will stop sometime on Saturday. I'm doing my best to send you some. And to answer your question about the See Beautiful in the snow. It is done with Jello. That's right, Jello. See when MOM and I go hiking or backpacking in the snow we always pack some with us. WHY? Well if we get lost, like I would ever let us get lost, but anyway, if we do. You stay put and make sure there is a clearing near you and in the snow you can spell out a help signal. The Jello shows up so well that it can be seen from very far away from the ground or from the air. So there ya have it, fun with Jello that can save your life.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great tour of the vet school. You have a wonderful smile Zim. Miss Gracie is at the vet right now--she's been having some problems with her hips and we needed to get it checked out. Hopefully nothing too serious. They made her take a nap so they could take some xrays and we'll go get her in a short while.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u guys sure have a good attitude about going to the vet...we wished we had a vet school around here but the closest is over 4 hours away, so we just have to go to the dumb new vet that just graduated from preschool and my mom might actually know more than he does...for instance magpie had a tiny whitehead on her face (pugs get those) and he considered popping it, then after mom looked at him in disgust decided not to bother it.....have a great weekend.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinderella says you have a VERY nice smile, Zim. Me, I think you've got a grreat idea bout that mud pile! That would be such a nice way to de-stress before an appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all that touchy freely VET stuff is done. We like good news. Now for the mud, we don't understand why they would move. Nutty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you boys had pleasant visits to the vet this week. Zim, I would love to play in that dirt pile before going in to see the vet...or just after seeing the vet too.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are onto something about the mud outside the vet's office. I'm going to contact my vet right away with your wonderful idea.

    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey some of us had vet check up this week also..BOL..
    That is gonna be a really beautiful setting when it is all finished. Love that last picture Zim.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you both had successful visits! Good idea abut the mud Zim. You should put that in writing.
    ~Lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Guys... this is the first report of a Dogtor visit I have read in a LONG TIME... that didn't involve TORTURE and SCREAMING and Stealing of Our STUFFS and such.
    Very impressive.
    We agree that they should RETHING the charming mud pile's removal. THEY are not known fur being Big Picture Thinkers, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad it was just a check up...assume all was good for Dave. And Zim, you do smile real cute like...'course I really luvluvluv seeing Dave with his darling freckled nose too...purrrrs Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zim, the plaza is really going to look nice. It is too bad about the mud though (both for the finished plaza and your adventure :D). We're glad you and Dave had good check ups. And thanks for sharing you million dollar smile :)

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last photo is the money shot Zim! K-State should put that up all around the campus! We're glad the vet visits went okay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that sounds like a "not so bad" vet visit. Especially all the tummy rubs. My Vickie sits on the floor too. And our vet gets down on the floor with us.

    So like Goose, we are willing some of our snow your way.

    Love
    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to know that your VET visits went well, Davey and Zimmie.

    You smile said it all, Zimmie. We could almost picture all the exploring and roll rolling you wouls you done in that pile of mud. We bet you got lots of treats, too for cooperating with the flashy box. You did share some treats with Dave, right?

    Enjoy the weekend dear pals!

    Love,
    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unremarkable vet visits comprised of tummy rubs are the best. No worried humans or sad voices.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous4:46 AM

    Wow I think the pile of mud to play in is a great idea! You should so talk to someone about that!

    ReplyDelete