Who We Are

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Serene Scenery Sunday

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  Zim here with Serene Scenery Sunday!  I thought I'd show you a bit more of our Christmas decor, but first ... how about a sunset?

IMG_5611 14 DEC 11 Sunset
14 DEC 11 sunset

A nice sunset always sends me into a nice, peaceful mood!

We have a few trees scattered around the place this year. Today, we'll look at this one:

DSCN2665 "Everything" tree

It has all kinds of different ornaments on it - ones Mom and Dad have collected from all over the place that have special memories behind them. It's the tree we hung Maggie and Mitch's mini-mitten on! Let's look at a few of the ornaments!

This is a tiny wooden Santa from Germany:

DSCN2651 Old fashioned Santa

Mom macraméd the snowflake out of string when she was a teenager.  

Every tree has to have a Chimney Sweep:

DSCN2655 German Chimney Sweep

He's from Germany, too. They consider Chimney Sweeps to be a sign of good luck!

This windmill ornament reminds Mom and Dad of their time in Belgium and the Netherlands:

DSCN2656 Windmill

The blades spin and everything!

I like this ornament a lot:

IMG_5584 German Deer Ornament

Like most of the others I showed you today, this one is from Germany. It reminds me of the pretty deer friends I see on our morning walks sometimes!

DSCN2675 Zim

So... that's about all I've got for you today! I hope you ... what? The brass bell you can see behind me?  On that lower branch that kind of sticks out?  Oh... um... you mean this?

DSCN2659 Zim Detection Device

Fine. There. It's from Germany, too. And long-long-long time readers of the Ao4 Digest may remember that 11 short years ago, on my first Christmas in my forever home, it was dubbed ... the Zim Detection Device. Sigh. Fine. Click here for the story.

It's not like it actually is needed or works or anything.

IMG_5415 Zim
"Oh, Mom, no!   Get that crazy thing away from me!!!"

So much for serenity.  I better go find my inner calm again.  Maybe a little Christmas music.  Some "Silent Night" or something ... yeah ... that ought to do it.  I hope you find your serene zone today!

Play bows,
Zim

14 comments:

  1. The hu-dad muttered something about the detection device only works if you are not going at Sibe speed. Something about "timber" may be a detection device, but not an early warning system. Natasha and when she was a puppy - what more can we say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yow! beautiful sunset! Zim, you guys have some pawsome ornaments- what great memories! The "Zim Detection Device" is a nice touch :) Thanks for sharing!

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stopping by to say thank you for caring and visiting me while I am ill.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha-roo roo roo, we love the original story of the Zim Detection Device! Hope woo find your Zen Zone, Zim!

    jack a-roo & miss moo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Zim detection device is evil. Give it to the bully cat to deal with.

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful ornaments with so much meaning! The tree is just beautiful and so special and we are so honored!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zim, we don't think you need a detection device! Your tree is very pretty though, the sunset is lovely and you are super handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sky photo is just beautiful.

    Love all your oranments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was truly a lovely sunset. We like your pretty ornaments and all of the memories that go with each one. Zim, your very own detection device! How nice!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the first photo. WOW. I hope you found that quiet place.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post! Beautiful pics! LOVE all your wall hangings too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another tree decorated with love,it's so pretty, and the sunset Wow.

    The silvers and more

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little tree is perfect! It makes me happy just to look at it.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete