Who We Are

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let's Get Going!

Ha roo, pups and cool cats!  It's me - Zim!  As I mentioned the other day, when our temps are in the triple digits like they've been lately, we get our nice, long walk finished bright and early in the morning.  It's really great - but when you do your morning walk before 0600, that means you're looking for some entertainment in need of a little more exercise by early afternoon!

Also as I mentioned, I tried joining Mom on the treadmill...

IMG_3033 Zim
"Mind if I tag along?"

...but after a bunch of that funny "NononoZimmieNo!" talk, she let me know that it was sort of a "one at a time" deal.  I totally understand.  I like my own space, too.  (For the record, she was waiting for a phone call, that's why she just happened to have her iPhone on the treadmill with her.)

So, yeah, I was cool with the "one at a time" deal.  That's why I decided to give it another try later:

IMG_3069 Zim
"Let's fire this baby up to Siber-speed, Mom!"

She has a crazy notion about me taking things slowly the first time.  I'll keep you posted on how I do.

Play bows,
Zim

PS:  I wonder if Mom would paint a mural on the wall next to the treadmill?  Maybe some grass... trees... a fire hydrant...  Ha roo roo roo!!!

15 comments:

  1. I have heard of this way of exercise for us four legged. I am excited on how it will work for you so be sure to take a video so we can see how you do.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom: Be in front of the machine with treats to keep Zimmie focused forward. Or straddle the frame with him between your legs if he is comfy with that. We used both methods to train our dogs at their obedience class. One of them got the idea quickly and adjusted stride. The other one tended to slide off the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom sold her treadmill just before I adopted her.....and then she was really sorry when the next summer came along.
    Bryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Zim,
    Mommas get so nutty sometimes. Who knows what you will be doing next
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure beats being outside in the heat - and we think a mural would be a great addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...maybe she can paint a running cat for you to chase after!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an elliptical so I don't have a treadmill to walk on. I certainly think you need something painted on the walls to help you workout though Zimmie! An outdoor scene would be very nice!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck Zimmy...It looks kinda scary to us!!

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jacob and Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:35 PM

    OMD! i'm totally jazzed to hear how you do. i want to buy one of these for Juno so she can build up her back leg muscles more. i jog trott her 3x week but it's not enough. she built a little muscle but i'd like more so she's really stable back there for her hip dypspasia... i'll have to watch how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have one of those machines here to but never see it being used. :sigh:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm liking this idea Zimmie. You can have your mum standing by with the water bowl for when you need a quick break - you know, like the marathon runners?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  12. We bet you'll be jogging alongside your mom on the treadmill in no time at all, Zim!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Zim!
    I hope you are not going to tell us that you like to walk on the treadmill!
    My mom could get ideas!!!!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. High 5 on the 2012 comment! Wish I could get my exercise on. You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Treadmills are scary at first, but really fun when you get used to it and get yummy treats when you're done! :)

    Mochi & Bali

    ReplyDelete