Who We Are

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cool Toy Tutorial

Woo, everypup and everycat!  It's me, Dave, here with a great tutorial for you on how to stay cool AND use a fun toy !  Ready to go?

First, get a Chilly Bone. Have your biped read the directions, then pop it into the bag (it comes with its own plastic bag!) and put it in the freezy part of the magic cold box. It won't take long for it to be ready. I suggest napping on an air conditioner vent while you wait. We've had our Chilly Bone so long that I can't remember exactly how long it takes the first time - we just keep mine in the magic cold box so it's always ready to GO!!!

IMG_3369 Dave
CHILLY BONE TIME!!!

I confess, being from Texas as I am, the first time Mom brought up the words "Chilly Bone", I thought she meant "Chili Bone" and I got really excited!  Wrong kind of chili, but still really fun!  (And cold, not hot!)

Anyway, see the sort of icy frost up on the mid-section of the bone?  First you need to lick that off:

IMG_3376 Dave
"Mmm!  Frosty and COLD!"

That part is really fun and helps cool you down! Make sure you get all the frosty stuff off!

IMG_3377 Dave
"Did I get it all?"

After that, give it a good chew. These are really great for little puppers who are teething, for senior pups, for pups who aren't really aggressive chewers ... and for guys like me who (in addition to being "senior") have had dental work and need to go easy on what we are allowed to chew on. It feels really nice on my areas where I've had tooth extractions!

Next up, have your biped give it a throw:

IMG_3372 Dave
"It's good to go, Mom - honest!"

My mom always makes sure I haven't started any holes or anything, then we toss it around a bit.

IMG_3373 Dave

Do you like my action shot?  Sorry it's blurry!

Have another go at chomping on it:

IMG_3378 Dave
"I my Chilly Bone!"

Once you've had a nice, long playtime, have your biped stick it back in the baggie and put it in the magic cold box so it'll be ready for next time!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.  What are all of you doing to stay cool?

Luv,
Dave

13 comments:

  1. What a cool chilly ball ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My moms dog had one these for a long time. I think we will have to get little Calvin one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks fun. I've been sitting under the raspberry bushes to stay cool today. Not as fun as chewing a bone though :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Chilly Bone looks like a lot of cool fun Dave! We love your action shot too! Recently we got to our hottest temps this year - 86 degrees - so I just stay inside on the cool tile. I think I should get a Chilly Bone though to stay even cooler!

    Woos,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have that chilly bone too. Try playing with ice cubes...its fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nifty! We're a little afraid of ice cubes - really - stuff floating in our water? Seriously? But we like them once they melt... We've been lying on the tile to stay cool as the one air conditioner in the house has "given up the ghost" (Mom's words) and it's about 80 inside. It's good that it gets into the 40s at night or we'd be REALLY miserable....

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, what an interesting toy. It is cold, then it isn't. It is a nom and a running toy. How curious.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've seen those in the doggie stores many times but we've never had one before, Dave. They sound like the perfect answer to a hot day!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice!!! Especially for this kind of weather!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't need to stay cool Davy, because it's winter here! I like your chilly bone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My chilly bone lasted 3.5 seconds, and then the human woman shrieked and ripped it away from me before more of whatever is in there came gushing out.

    Meeshka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Hmmm, after hearing what happened with Meeshka, I don't think this toy is for Callie. :) She is a "moderate to heavy chewer"! But I'm glad Dave enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never heard of a Chilly Bone. Will have to check it out, especially now that you showed us how to properly use it. :)

    ReplyDelete