Who We Are

Saturday, November 21, 2009

It Was A Dark and Foggy Morning...

Hi everypuppy and everycat! It's me - Ammy. Mom has taken me and Zimmie on some really, really fun walks lately and I wanted to tell you about the one we went on yesterday! We walked down to the park and back; it was extra fun because it was sort of dark and foggy! Zim and I had such fun!

Up on top of one of the hills, we now have a crossing light; that makes it a lot safer! While we waited for the light, I checked out the fog - you know, since I'm the Ao4's Meteorologist and all! Here I am, up on the crest of that hill. Can you see the fog sort of nestled into the hills down the street!?!?

IMG_4405 Ammy
It was a dark and foggy morning...

IMG_4404 Ammy
Hee hee hee!

After taking in the weather conditions, I did something else that comes so very naturally to me:

IMG_4403 Ammy
Mouse! Or mole! Or... something! There's something in here!

It's instinctual. I can't help it. I'm a natural hunter.

IMG_4406 Ammy and Zim
Ammy... I think we've got the light now.

Zim and Mom made me stop my hunt and cross the street. The cars had stopped for us and we needed to go.

Anyway, once we crossed, Zim had fun posing up on some chunks of limestone.

IMG_4408 Zim
Ha roo!

This is right at the entrance to part of the Hudson Trail; not the part we usually walk down, but another one. We wanted to try it yesterday, but Mom said something about "mud" and "no way". I wasn't really too disappointed; when you walk with Zimmie, you find entertainment everywhere!

IMG_4409 Zim
Hey Ammy! I think someone's coming!

He came up with a really funny plan -

IMG_4410 Zim
With this fog, I'll bet if I start howling like a coyote, I could really freak people out!

Hee hee hee! Isn't he fun? Unfortunately, the people didn't come our way. We're going to try it out next fog, though! I can't wait - I'm going to see if Zim will teach me how to do a coyote howl in the meantime! I hope I can do it right! :)

Have a great weekend, everypuppy and everykit!
Love,
Ammy

24 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful walk you had. The fog is so cool. We can't wait to hear the coyote howl...

    Big Sloppy Kisses
    Gus, Louie and Callie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wawawawawawwawaaaaa!!!
    What a funny post Ammy!!!!
    Today we had foggy day too!!!
    We love fog....but mommy not too much because she said isn't able to see where she goes.....awwwwwwwwwwww...poor mommy......she isn't like us.....we can go everywhere with our sense!!!!
    Look like you had a wonderful time all together....you and Zim are a great match!!!!
    Ehy Zimmmmmmmmmm....can you teach to us the coyote howl too???
    Will be very very funny howling in the foggy days......hihihihihihiiii!!!!!
    that's a great great and funny idea!!!!
    And we're happy humans have installed lights on the street....so you could be much more safe and protected against the bad big cars that humans use!!!
    Take care of you!!!!
    Your pics are wonderful and you guys are soooooooooooo beautiful!!!!
    Boys are drooling looking Ammy!!!
    WAWAWAWAWAWWWAAAA!!
    HAve a great day swet friends!!!
    WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
    Tons of love and licks to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was a nice walk in the fog Ammy, you will have to do the coyote howl next time....hehe

    Have a great weekend.

    Holly & Zac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fg is furry cool to wlak in - we get fog off the ocean a LOT and then woo can hear the lighthouse fog horns - they sound like dinosaurs bellowing! Can't wait to hear woo howl like a coyote!

    a-roos & woos,
    jack n' tori

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was some great walk you had.. What atmosphere.. I would have loved to see the people's faces if you had howled at them in the fog.. What fun.. HUgs GJ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked like a cool walk Ammy with some very cool pics of you and Zim.
    We could see the fog and always think it looks a bit spooky.
    Now Ammy we have a bone to pick with you as you will see on our post.
    We feel you should have warned us about all this flooding!
    Still we are a long way away we guess.
    We would love to come hunting with you - we are great sniffers - do you think we could team up?
    love
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a wonderful walk! I bet the fog was coming from the Kansas Ocean!! When you were sniffing something maybe it was the coyote running from you..he or she might be scared. I would love to here you do a coyote howl!!!! Have a great weekend! Love, Holly-dog and Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you were standing on that limestone, you really matched it well. Made us think (ready for it, Ammy) you were a chip off the old block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Marge pose on rocks all the time, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I'd love to learn how to howl like a coyote too! Maybe Zim could post some instructional videos?

    Huffs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet if you let go of some really big coyote howls I could hear you if I stood on the porch. Do you think?

    I'm gonna start listening!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I like a good howl !

    If you howl in fog you could be the Hound of the Baskervilles ;-)

    Wizz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Do you think Zimmy can teach Juno how to howel? She only howeled twice and it was the first few days we had her. We think she forgot how. Loki howels when he hears sirens to try to remind her, but she just looks at him and tells him "Retardo, those are NOT huskies. They're not even DOGS!"

    No pullin' the WOOL over this WOLF'S -- errr --- HUSKIE'S eyes! (get it sheep wool and wolves? ) Ammy, you'll have to come up with a better pun than us!
    ~wags-n-wiggls~
    wild dingo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, friends!
    We don't have foggy mornings here!
    It looks pawesome!
    A coyote howling lesson sounds great to me!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  15. A coyote howl would've been fun on that dark and foggy morning. Maybe you can do it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Ammy
    Thank you for the wonderful pictures! Tell your mom that she is a star photographer!!! But Remember...where there is fog and cloud, the sun is always shining behind it!!! We have your 'early Christmas present' on our blog today - especially for you guys...YOUR SUNFLOWER...with lots of love!
    MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - that IS foggy! Was it really cold too? But it's all quite beautiful in a wintry sort of way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think hiding in the fog and howling would be great sport for sure.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! The fog was thick. It used to get so thick Mom couldn't see over a bridge in Missouri!

    Mom wanted to give you guys a link. She gave it to the Op pack too. There's a happy ending for some dogs like you.

    http://blogs.dogtime.com/the-waggerys-good-dog-blog/2009/11/nearly-100-neglected-sled-dogs-rescued

    video here
    http://www.hsicanada.ca/companion_animals/husky_rescue_111709.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dat was a furry cool walk. We gits fog here too wid our mountains and valleys.
    Can't wait to hear your coyote howl! Maybe we could learn too!

    Husky kisses,
    Biloxi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there Ammy!

    Thankies for taking us with you walking once more. With that fog, it must be chilly out there.

    Hope you were able to get cozy when you got home.

    Howling would be fun to learn although I dunno how I'd fair in that department.

    Frappie & the Piappies

    ReplyDelete
  22. We NEVER get fog here, it looks totally cool! If we do ever get it, I am trying your trick!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun and spooky walkie!!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cool walk in the fog! I would love to hear Zim howl! Maybe I'll howl along! :)

    Mochi

    ReplyDelete